- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. carrots, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 c. vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 t. fresh thyme leaves
- ⅓ c. full-fat coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables become soft and translucent approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and combine. Cover and cook until the carrots are fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
- Remove from heat and puree the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (A regular blender or food processor can also be used for this step). Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Return to medium heat and add coconut milk. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply