- 6 one-ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 4 Tablespoons of salted butter
- 8 pasteurized eggs, separated (will need yolks & whites)
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 Tablespoons of water
- 1 and ¼ cups of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla, can use a favorite liqueur instead
- Assemble all the ingredients. Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the butter, and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring after each until the chocolate is smooth. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks are formed. Stir ⅔ cup of sugar into the 5 Tablespoons of water and boil in the microwave. Slowly pour this hot liquid into the egg whites, beating continuously.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the egg yokes in another bowl and beat for about a minute. Add the chocolate once it has cooled and blended. Add the vanilla and blend again.
- Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites until well blended and divide into individual bowls. Refrigerate until firm. Moose tops ours with a bit of whipped cream and fresh berries. Yum!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply