Roasted Poplano Peppers
- Poblano Peppers: The star of the dish! Poblano peppers are mild in heat and have a slightly sweet flavor. You will need 4-6 peppers for this recipe.
- Oil: This is to coat the peppers before roasting.
- Salt: A pinch of salt will help bring out the flavor of the peppers.
- Cheese, optional: If you want to add extra flavor to your roasted poblano peppers, you can add some cheese. Queso fresco, cotija, or feta are all good options.
- How to Roast Poblano Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line the bottom of a sheet tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Rinse peppers under water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet, brush each with oil, and roast them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning them every 5-7 minutes, until the skin is blackened, blistered, and charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven. Once they are slightly cooler to the touch, place them in a large bowl, cover them with cling film, and let the peppers rest for 2-3 minutes.
- After the peppers have rested, remove the plastic wrap and peel and discard off the charred skin and remove the stem and seeds.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply