Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon and Feta cheese make such a perfect pair. The saltiness of the Feta is the perfect complement to the inherent sweetness of the watermelon. When paired with the peppery taste of fresh mint and the tangy goodness of the homemade lime-cilantro vinaigrette, you have an incredible taste sensation that will become a new family favorite.
- Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped (+ extra sprigs for garnish)
- 3 T. grapeseed oil
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- 2 t. ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 small chilled seedless watermelons, cut in half
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, cut into evenly sized pieces
- 4 c. fresh arugula
- Add all ingredients to a medium glass bowl to prepare the vinaigrette and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and set aside.
- Cut watermelons in half, then carefully remove and reserve the flesh in a large bowl. (Cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, if necessary).
- Pat the inside of each empty watermelon rind with a paper towel to dry. Set aside to use as serving bowls for the finished salad.
- Add Feta cheese and arugula to the bowl with the watermelon. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the watermelon-Feta mixture to the reserved watermelon rinds and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply