Okay, so imagine this scenario. It's a beautiful summer afternoon. The sun is shining, birds are singing--it's all the good stuff. So you all sit down to enjoy delicious home-cooked food with a bottle of rhubarb liqueur. Leftover champagne from last night's party? No, definitely not! This fantastic liqueur was made from 100% locally grown rhubarb (one of my favorite ingredients).
Why you'll love this recipe!
Making your own homemade rhubarb liqueur is so easy and delicious that you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. It's perfect for sipping, or you can use it to make a cocktail that will knock your socks off. Try serving it with lemonade or ginger ale for a refreshing drink sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next party.
This delicious liqueur recipe is easy to make and adds a delightful flavor to any vodka cocktail. This has such an intense aroma without added sugars or artificial flavors. The result is a clean, tart spirit that tastes just like summer.
To make this rhubarb vodka, you will need:
- Fresh or Frozen rhubarb: You can use any kind of rhubarb, but I like how the super red rhubarb looks
- neutral grain spirit or vodka
- a large mason jar
- Orange Peel: Orange peel add a wonderful citrus note to this infusion.
Rhubarb liqueur is a delicious, slightly tart liquor perfect for adding a little extra flavor to any cocktail. The recipe below makes enough rhubarb liqueur to last you all year long!
If you're looking for a way to add rhubarb to your home bar, look no further! This recipe is easy, delicious, and will make you the most famous person at your next party.
First things: wash and dry the rhubarb, then chop it into chunks. You know how much sugar you like in your drinks—so add that much to a large jar or bottle.
Next, fill the rest of the glass jar with vodka (! I recommend using good stuff here). Give your jar a good shake until all of the sugar dissolves, then screw on the lid tightly and let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 weeks, shaking or stirring every day or two.
After 2-3 weeks, strain the solids using cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Then pour into clean bottles, cap tightly, and store in a cool place away from sunlight for up to 2 years!
Rhubarb liqueur keeps for a long time! Keep it out of direct sunlight in a bottle with a screw-top lid. Check out some of my other recipes for classic liqueurs and infused syrups!
Homemade Rhubarb Liqueur
Rhubarb liqueur is a delicious, slightly tart liquor that is perfect for adding a little extra flavor to any cocktail
- 2 cups of chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups of vodka
- 1 cup of sugar
- Wash and dry the rhubarb, then chop it into chunks.
- Combine the chopped rhubarb, sugar, and vodka in a large jar or bottle.
- Give your jar a good shake until all of the sugar dissolves.
- Screw on the tightly, and let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 weeks, shaking or stirring every day or two.
- After 2-3 weeks, strain the solids using cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
- Then pour into clean bottles, cap tightly, and store in a cool place away from sunlight for up to 2 years
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply