I love gin. Gimlets? Love those too. Love them so much that I wanted to make a classic gin gimlet. It tastes pretty darn good and is one of the easiest drinks to make from scratch at home.
A gin gimlet is a cocktail made with gin, lime, and simple syrup. It's good on the rocks or straight up. It's been around since the 1900s and was initially created with Rose's Lime Juice Cordial, but you can use fresh lime juice in this recipe instead.
Gin Gimlet Ingredients
- Gin: Use good quality gin. The drink won't taste as good if you use bottom-shelf liquor, so make sure to invest in a nice bottle of gin for this cocktail.
- Lime juice: Fresh limes also have more acidity than other citrus fruit available on store shelves today—which means they'll be more effective at cutting through any lingering sweetness in your drink and giving it that perfect balance we discussed above!
- Simple syrup (or simple syrup substitute)
How to Make this Cocktail
The classic recipe calls for equal parts of each ingredient — 2 ounces of gin, 1 ounce of fresh-squeezed lime juice, and 1 ounce of simple syrup — but you can adjust the proportions to your liking.
To make a gimlet:
Add the lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice and muddle until the syrup has dissolved. Add the gin, cover, and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
Liquid confidence, the Gin Gimlet is a refreshing cocktail and easy to drink. This delicious drink is perfect for any occasion and is made with just three ingredients: Gin, Lime Juice, and Simple Syrup.
- 2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces of gin
- Combine gin, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel if desired and serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g